Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Monday!

Hey, Gang! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. It was absolutely beautiful here! We took full advantage of the cool weather by painting our house... Even though it was hard work the sunshine made up for it.

Friday after Joshua got off work we went straight to Lowes and picked up some samples of paint colors we thought we liked. We rushed home and tried it on the house only to find out we did not like the colors we picked at all! So back to Lowes we went. After searching through tons of paint chip samples I finally opened up one of the pamplets they have on display with all the painting ideas and there it was!

I have such a hard time picking out individual items that would go together but when I see something I like I can totally run with that. So when I saw this picture we ran with it, lol. This is a terrible photo but the colors are Gray Silt, Chef White for the trim and Very Black for all the doors. I loved this look. Just the little bit we have done has made a world of difference. 
We have only done the bottom so far but the door will be black, deck railings will be white and the deck itself will be a dark reddish brown. 
The upper deck took me hours just to get that far and lets just say I barley made a dent!
After painting all day Saturday with a dern brush and rollers, Joshua and I decided that we needed a break and headed out to dinner with our friends Chris and Anna. We all met up at Mellow Mushroom downtown and then went over to a local bar to hear The Eric Scott Band. We recently met Andy Fleming who plays the fiddle and vocals so we told him that we be coming to check them out. They were really good! I didnt take any photos but you can check out their Facebook page here.
Miller Lite and UnSweet Tea... I needed the caffeine to stay awake and the beer to relax. Just one of those days....



Sunday we woke up bright and early to get a head start on painting and Joshua was determined to get farther with the painting than we did on Saturday. Thank goodness our neighbor had a sprayer and that got the job done WAY faster. 

We didn't however make it to the gym over the weekend. We felt that plenty of calories were burned standing on our feet all day painting a house. 

This morning we got back on track at the gym and worked on chest and tri's. I must say that I'm pretty proud of my myself because when we were doing our dumbbell bench press, on my last set I was able to do 50lb dumbbells for 10 reps! I was feeling the burn at that point. 

The rest of my day will be spent taking care of the mess below...
Yes, a HUGE pile laundry calling my name to be folded... 

looking like a hott mess.....
Nice hair huh, lol
AJ is over Monday already...

and running some errands before I hit up the gym again for some cardio....

I hope you all have a super productive Monday! If you get bored today I have plenty of laundry that needs folden...LOL


Here's to finding your NorthStar....



No comments:

Post a Comment