Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sucker Punch!

Yesterday around, I don't know 3 o'clock, I got into really bad mood. More depressed than anything. Sometimes life gets in my way and when that happens I get pissed. I will go ahead and admit that usually when something doesn't go the way that I want it to it's because I didn't follow my/our plan accordingly. Hence plan failing and turning me in to a self loathing brat. Joshua absolutely hates it when I get like this because no matter what he says or does it just doesn't help. Only ice cream can fix the situation. So on our way home we stopped by the grocery store and bought some No Sugar Added Klondike Bars. These Klondike bars are somewhat smaller than the originals and have a much thinner layer of chocolate around them. There also only 160 cals per bar and 22 grams of carbs. I likey that ;-) 


We also picked up a movie from the Blockbuster Movie Express box, Sucker Punch! We get tons of discounted movies with our Groupon codes. I think we spend like $2 and get 5 movies. It's a great deal for us because we don't mind waiting for a movie to come out on DVD and save the rest of our $8 per ticket. Movie theaters have become such a rip off these days! However they will be getting my money when The Help hits the big screen this month.. Oh yes, the book was so good! I couldn't put it down and ended up finishing it in a matter of days. Normally, if it's just an ok book it takes me a few weeks or months.... Just depends on if I'm feeling it or not. 
NE who, Joshua has been eyeing Sucker Punch for quite sometime now. Well, since it came out in theaters but like I said, we wait till it's cheap lol. Since it came to Blockbuster Express, about everytime we rent a movie he makes mention about renting it but I always snub my nose because to me it looked stupid. I'm not into comic book stuff and or video game fantasies and that's what this movie is based on. But last night I didn't care about much anything other than sitting in the recliner with him, feeling sorry for myself over a Klondike bar.. so we rented it. To my surprise it turned out to be really good! LOL Its a very "girl power" flick and I'm definitely into anything that makes women more powerful. I mean in all seriousness we do rule the world, we just let men think they do...BAHAHAHA

The movie starts out very strange and at first we just weren't sure where they were going with it. Dad kills Mom for inheritance money which she leaves to kids, Dad tries to kill kids but older daughter stops him, then she is sent to Mental Heath facility and then..... that's where it get's sketchy. It's one of those movies where you really have to follow along closely, like Inception. WOWZA, was that movie h-a-r-d, hard to follow...

So the girl in Sucker Punch is basically beaten down and treated really terrible throughout the movie however there are people that are teaching how to take control of her own future. To not be taken for granted. Sometimes good things come in small packages ;-) You guys will just to have to watch the movie to see what I mean. 

The film ends with the screen going black and Sweet Pea (The Madame trying to help her) saying that "you have all the weapons you need, now fight!" Which got me thinking. Here I am, sitting here feeling all sorry and down low, when really it's not that bad. I know what I need to do to fix the situation. Sometimes our plans don't go the way we want them to, or we don't follow them like we should, but we have two choices: be pissed or do something about it. I choose the latter. I get so mad at myself sometimes when I don't do the things I know I need to do. Weather it's putting up the laundry, doing cardio, not eating Klondike bars for comfort.. whatever it is. By choosing to do the opposite of what is going to make us successful we set ourselves up for failure. Now, I have a family to help take care of, 9 months till Jr. USA's, a business to get off the ground and  a blog to write, if I let myself fall off of the plan's that are set before me then I will have failed myself and that is just not an option. 

Im taking control of my plans and getting shit done. No more pity party's for me anytime soon! What are you taking control of?
Here's to finding your NorthStar......  

6 comments:

  1. Really?! The movie was way too predictable to me. I fell asleep an hour in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Help was an AWESOME book! Can't wait for the movie!!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote at the end! And I'll definitely have to check out that movie. I hope you're having a better day today!

    xoxo
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote! I am definitely downloading that book to my Nook tonight. I have been talking about it for weeks! I hate when I see a movie before I read a book. I don't get the opportunity to build the character on my own.

    I hope your day got better!

    ReplyDelete