Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ingredients

After catching up on all the blogs that I read on a daily basis (probably like 50 or something, I know, way to many but I hate missing out on anything, lol. Joshua reads FOX news and I read blogs...) I decided that at 3:30pm I was going make myself do cardio. Like karatenurse, we are going to Puerto Rico and a Caribbean cruise in 30 days!!! I am so stinking excited about it! I mentioned before that I want to look smoking hot because I know that there will be bikini photos and what not (thanks for reminding me this morning Stacy, lol). So when I got to the gym I was amazingly PUMPED! I jumped on the treadmill and knocked out 20 mins of HITT then finished out on the elliptical. I was pouring sweat and it felt good! After the sweat session I headed home for dinner. Oh btw, Joshua helped me figure out what I did wrong on the turkey loafs. Hello Britney! Use metal pans not silicon and I took out a few ingredients that really weren't needed. So tomorrow you guys are going to have a new and improved Turkey Mini Loafs recipe! 

After dinner, which was so yum, (Turkey Mini Loaf, Veggie Melody) Joshua turned on the Netflix to see what was new. We watched this hilarious stand up comedy routine by Nicholas. I'm not sure if you guys know who he is. He was in Grandmas Boy and he played Terry the Roller Skate Boy on Reno 911. Pretty funny stuff. 

After a few good laughs we came across a documentary called Ingredients. It was "kind of" like the movie Food Inc. Which I highly recommend, both are huge eye openers. It is about local restaurant's and communities supporting their local agriculture. Since we have become fairly clean eaters I've become very interested and conscious in where my food is coming from, how it was grown and who grew it. I truly believe in sustainability. I believe that as a country we have let "big business" and the commercial food industry tell us what is good for us and have made  food far to convenient. The days of learning to farm or even growing your own veggies is seemingly lost amongst all the fast food chains.
 I will be the first to admit I know nothing about even growing a tomato, however I want to learn. I would love to be able to grow some of my own veggies or at the very least buy all of our meats and veggies from local farms. As bodybuilders or just clean eater, we know that our bodies are our temples, so why are aren't we eating the very best ingredients possible? Something to ponder on today...

How do you guys supports your local agriculture?Which reminds me that our Farmers Market is open today so I'm going to head that way! Here's to finding your NorthStar....
Want to know where you can buy locally? Check out this link. www.eatwellguide.org

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous about your cruise! Last year I went to one (Mexican Rivera) and had a great time! It's nice not worry about the food, transportation, etc. Very relaxing & exciting trip at the same time. I have no doubt you'll look fabulous Mrs. Britton!!

    I haven't seen the movie and didn't even know about it. Looks like something I definitely have to watch since I loved Food Inc. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicholas is hilarious! I love our Farmer's Market. I definitely need to make more of an effort to get there every Saturday! We used to buy all of our chicken and beef from a local farmer and then I got lazy. I need to contact them again! Thanks for making me think about all this!

    And, like Ana said, I have not doubt you are going to look H-O-T in your bikini on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to Agree with Ana and Stacy youll looked amazing for the Cruise! how many days are you going for? I am jealous!

    looking forward to your new recipe. I plan on making them on Monday after work.... Need to change up the protein source!

    ReplyDelete