Friday, April 1, 2011

Tips for my weekend warriors!

So I hear that this weekend is supposed to b.e.a.u.i.t.f.u.l!! We plan on relaxing today and tomorrow. On Sunday it will back to gym and my little sister will coming for a visit. She has decided to spend her spring break with me! However I don't think this will be the spring break she was thinking of, lol. It will be more like going to a health & fitness retreat than Panama City....

I wanted to share a few tips for all you out there that plan on capitalizing on this amazing weather. Staying motivated through the weekend after having a hectic week is key to staying on track with your goals. Some people use the weekend to catch up on beauty rest or they stay extremely busy with events such as running the kids around, working out or just being social with friends. Whatever you might or might not be doing, to keep your eye on the prize try doing these simple but important steps to stay motivated through the weekend so you don't get off track:

1. Create a "My Fitness Folder". Have a friend of family member take a few snap shots of yourself. Create a folder on your computer or print off the pictures and put them in a folder with other fitness info that your interested in. This is mine. It has articles that i have come across with fitness tips, my daily agenda, blog notes, competition info, so forth. This has become VERY important in my daily life. It truly helps me stay productive and motivated.






2. Buy some fitness magazines or books. Here are few of my personal favorites.



3. Go shopping!!! Yup that's right. I love shopping and now that I work out all the time i'm really into workout clothes and any gear that will help me in my workouts. Buy yourself something fun like a new pair of tennis shoes or some cute shorts. Maybe you want to start lifting weights at the gym but you definitely don't want the calluses that go with lifting so you'll want to buy a pair of cute new gloves. Or go get your hair done! Anything that will make you feel good and want to keep looking and feeling great!

Here are few options that i really love!
Here's a great workout tank at Kmart for only $4.50! That's a great deal!


These are also at Old Navy on sale for $21.99. I live in black stretchy pants and these are great.
I got these gloves at Dick's Sporting Goods for about $10. They work great and make you look kinda tough!! 
Buy a Yoga mat. I got this one at Wal-Mart for $9 and use all the time! Great investment. 
Get this book to go with your new Yoga mat and learn about the benefits of Yoga health.


So I hope all of these idea's truly help you out and keep you going this weekend!!! I know you all are doing great and if your not on track take this time and GET ON TRACK!

Here's to finding your NorthStar.....

1 comment:

  1. I love buying new lifting gloves and "breaking them in"!

    T.

    ReplyDelete