Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 7 Update

I want to win....

At 4:30am when I woke up that was my very first thought. We are 46 days out and my focus is serious. When we first started this journey at 22 weeks out I just wanted to look like I belonged on stage with the other girls, not the case today. I want to be the best. I woke up super early, took all of my supplements, packed my gym bag, got Joshua's food for the day ready all the while pumping myself up to tackle the gym. Below is brief explanation of why I'm feeling the way that I am.....


So we met with our coach on Friday for our weekly check in and we went through the usual procedure. 1. Check your ego at the door (we may "think" we look hot and sexy but he'll be the judge of that). 2. Give him a break down of whats been going on for the week. i.e. how we've been feeling, what our workouts have been like, if we feel like cheating so forth (we did get a re-feed meal and while it was good, my stomach hurt all the way home and TORE up for two days)... 3. Put on the suit (we've ordered the ones we will be wearing at the show vandellacostumes.com). 4. Pose....This part is getting better. I still need to work on my hand placement and showing my hamstrings. But other than that just keep doing what i'm doing.  Joshua needs to work on his routine with music and really start nailing his poses perfect. He'll be posing almost everyday for about 15-30 mins. I pose about 4-5 times a week for 15 mins each time. I'm feeling more and more confident in my presentation so if I can keep my nerves under control the day of the show then I should be just fine.

This morning I shared with Joshua how I'm truly feeling at this point in the game and I'll do the same with you all as well. I want to WIN. I longer want to be a shadow behind the other confident girls who have been training and dieting just as hard as I have. I want to be in front, leading the way. Joshua and our coach made it clear on Friday that I'm right on track. Now it's up to me weather I'm going to be 6th or 1st. Granted their will be ladies there that have been doing this for many years and this won't be their first rodeo so to speak but I want it just as bad as they do. I've given up my time, money, and friends to do this and by gosh I better give it all I've got. And I will so don't any of you worry about that :-).... There will definitely be women there with more muscle and toner bodies than me since this is my first show and all, but I hope that I shine with stage presence. That I show off what I've been working on for over a year now. Mentally I have to keep this attitude so that I don't lose focus. We are so close at this point that's there's no time for non-sense!!!

This morning I did cardio, chest, back and abs. When I'm training I try to remember everything that our coach has told us and I listen to Joshua when he tells me to squeeze harder or that I have just a few more reps to go. I also concentrate on my form and the muscle that I'm trying to work during that exercise. At this point it's not about how much weight I can lift, it's about pumping blood into the muscle and defining what I already have. Tonight I'll do cardio again, tanning and posing. Cardio, cardio, cardio. It seems to be a figure girl's best friend and enemy at the same time. Those of you that compete and are reading this blog know just what I mean..

On Saturday we will be 6 weeks out. At that point I'll start posting pictures every week of our progress up till the show. This not only let's you all know how we are looking but it keeps us accountable and MOTIVATED!


Knowing is not enough; we must apply.


Willing is not enough; we must do.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Here's to finding your NorthStar....

2 comments:

  1. You are SO impressive and reading your blog is very motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to start seeing pics!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete