Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Get it in gear.....

Yesterday I tried to do a "motivational" post. Well if that's what I call motivational then I better try again because I didn't motivate my ass butt AT ALL, so how was that suppose to motivate anyone else? I did have a few good quotes and a funny picture but that really didn't help light the fire under my butt that I so desperately need right now. Monday mornings workout went pretty good and the afternoon cardio was better however this morning I started off great then somewhere I just fizzled... Has that happened to you recently? I know my girl Tenecia at Boobs, Barbells, & Broccoli is going through kinda of the same thing. You start off with great intentions then BOOM someone hits you in the face with a sack of rocks.

We got to the gym at 5am like usual, then I tried something different which I think threw me off (not to mention my playlist is starting to become mundane, theres only so much "shake that butt girl" I cant take), I tried doing part of my circuit first, then spin class, then finish my circuit and 20 mins of cardio. FAIL! I barley made it through spin class and then I had such a stank attitude while finishing my circuit. So I marched my sassy self up to the cardio area and did about 6 mins then thew in the towel.... I havent had a workout like that in a LOOOOONNGGG time. I've been working very hard and my level of enthuiasim has been great, even inspiring to myself, however, today I gave a pitiful performance. I should stayed in bed if that's all the effort I was going to give. I had a ton of excuses starting with: well I'm pms'ing, I'm tired, I got up at 4 am what do I expect, I'm working out twice a day, I haven't had hardly any carbs, yada yada yada.... It reminded me of the days long ago when I hated working out and I would pout and act like a brat because I didnt want to be there. Back then I had no idea what hard work was.

"Having a negative thought is like sitting in a rocking chair. It'll occupy your time, but you won't get anywhere." - David York

So once I took a shower, cooled my jets, and tried to get myself together, I started to feel better but not great by any means. Joshua and I hopped in the car and headed to his office. He then informed me that someone had asked: "how hard do they really work out?" OH this sent me into instant madness!!!!! I mean who would ask such a question?? We kill it in the gym (except today ;-( ) and follow our diets to a T. Joshua told me to chill because he was sure they didn't mean it ugly, just making sure we were doing all we could to get to the top. I on the other hand took it way different. I guess it made me mad because this morning I hadn't given it my all. I let myself get in the way of my own workout. At this point every workout, every piece of food, every bit of sleep counts. It's whats going to make or break us. I'm ready to see the end of all this prep but I need to take full advantage of every min of everyday because in a few short weeks it will all be over and I don't want to be standing on stage with Alligator tears in my eyes having regrets.

I cant take back my sad little workout this morning but I can start fresh. So today I'll follow my meal plan as usual, this afternoon I'll give it my all during cardio with a clear head, I won't beat myself up over this morning because that wont get me anywhere. In the morning I'll wake up with a positive attitude and HIT IT HARD and Ill treat everyday from now until the contest just like this!

"Today I will do the things that other people won't, so tomorrow I can do the things that other people can't" - Unknown

Regardless of weather someone thinks we don't work hard enough or not I don't care. That only pushes me that much more. Maybe that's what I needed. Someone to doubt me for a split second. I'm gonna do me and I'm going to be very proud of myself at the end of all this. No one needs to praise me or pat me on the back with a job well done, I know I'm doing a great job, better than I expected and when all is said and done, Ill (quietly) give myself that "way to go Brit".

To all my readers: Don't doubt yourself. Don't let negative talk and excuses get in your way of your goal. If anyone tells you or even THINKS you cant do something, do it ten times better! My Mamma taught me that.... I'm sure there's lots of Mamma's out there telling their kids the same thing. Even my husband doesn't tell me I can't do something because he know,s that I know, I can do ANYTHING I WANT!


"Tough times don't last. Tough people do." - Unknown



And that's how it is.... Here's to finding your NorthStar.

5 comments:

  1. Awe sweetie hang in there. Just know EVERYONE has days like that in the gym. It's okay and it's totally normal. Don't beat yourself up over it. Like you said, just get back at it tomorrow. That's totally part of prep and it happened to me too. Hang in there, you're doing fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought about this...."Today I will do the things that other people won't, so tomorrow I can do the things that other people can't" - Unknown.....as I was going around the track yesterday doing sprints. Do what you can today because there are plenty who can't or would give anything to do what we take for granted. Great post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You start off with great intentions then BOOM someone hits you in the face with a sack of rocks."

    Perfect description!!! :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the video of Nicole. At 0:52....Pa-POW! Love her hair and swagger as she walks out on that stage. I have to go back and watch that again...

    I agree with Dreamingof Arnold....DITTO!

    Go GIT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. Had to go back and watch the Nicole video about 4 more times. Love it!

    ReplyDelete