Tuesday, March 15, 2011

11 Weeks Out....

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm not sure about you but I know this time change is kicking my butt! I am physically and mentally exhausted..... The past few days waking up at my "normal" time of 4:30 am seems to be getting harder instead of easier, lol. Yes you heard me right, 4:30 am!!

Saturday and Sunday are the only days that I get to sleep past 7am and that's only because the gym doesn't open till 8 am. If you know me at all then you know it took me a long time to be able to do this without snapping someone's head off. I have NEVER been a morning person but amazingly now I am (I still have days though).

I wanted to share with you all what a typical day is like for me. Since the new year we have been training for our competition but now that we are 11 weeks from the BIG day it's crunch time. From what I understand 12 weeks out is when most competitors start training and according our trainer we are right on schedule.

Today is a weight training day so it will go like this:

4:30 am: Wake up and get dressed for gym, take supplements
5:30 am: 30 mins cardio on a empty stomach (*I was supposed to do 45 mins however I didn't get to gym early enough for that so i'll have to make up for it in my afternoon cardio)
Protein Shake
6-7:30 am: Upper body workout
- Let me just include here that this morning I was extremely tired and really didn't want to workout however on days like this I push myself harder because I do not want to walk out of that gym thinking I slacked on myself at all. If i'm going to be there i'm going to make the most of it. Its not easy doing this and that's why not everyone does it, but I just keep telling myself that puts me one step ahead of my competition and I when I stand on stage in May i'll know I did my absolute best on days I felt my worst. 
8 am: 1st Meal (Vitamins & supplements, egg whites & oatmeal)
10: 30 am: Protein shake & almonds
1 pm: Chicken with mixed green salad, balsamic vinaigrette, 1/4 cup of lentils ( Vitamins & supplements)
2 pm: 1 hour of cardio & 30 mins of abs1
3:30 pm: Blueberries and Greek yogurt
6 pm: White fish with spinach ( Vitamins & supplements)
(Bedtime) 8:30-9 pm: Blueberries and Greek yogurt

Tomorrow will look about the same expect i'll do cardio most of the day, 30-45 mins of yoga and then legs on Thursday morning. I follow this schedule 7 days a week with slight variations. Sometimes it's all I can do to get out of bed and at the end of the day i'm totally spent but when I feel like I just wanna crash on the sofa with whatever book i'm reading at the moment I think about my husband who also follows the same schedule but add in a 10 hour work day..... I then don't feel so sorry for myself. We workout opposite days of each so that he can train me in the gym on his non weight training days. I can tell you that this has done wonders for my workouts and the past few weeks I have seen some great changes in my body. He pushes me to stay on track and to get those last few reps when i'm about to fall in the floor. When I am about to give up he encourages me to add a little more weight, to go a little farther. I know that working out alone can be challenging sometimes. If you can find a partner (someone you know will push you and not just give in when your tired) then you will also start to see your workouts improve not to mention it kind of holds you accountable. When you know you have a set time to meet your workout partner your less likely to miss a gym session. http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/exercise-benefits

So ask a friend, family member or someone that works out at your gym already if they wouldn't mind helping you reach your goals! You would be surprised of how supportive the people that love you the most are.

Here's to finding your NorthStar...

1 comment:

  1. WOW you sure have more drive than I do. You and Josh are great examples of competitiveness. Pulling for both of you

    ReplyDelete