Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pressing the "reset" button

Happy Sunday everyone! This weekend was so rainy and blaaa... We pretty much stayed at the casa & chilled with the exception of the gym of course, OH and I got some new clothes. Yes, oh yes, new clothes finally! Which is a good thing for me and bad thing for Joshua, BAHAHAH!! On Thursday when I got home from the gym I decided to clean out my closet and rid myself of all my old fat clothes. I started in the downstairs closets where I keep clothes that I'm wearing that season (the bar was starting to bow some so that was another indication to clean it out). Then I went upstairs and WIPED OUT that closet. It was bare bones let me tell ya. I filled 6 garbage bags!! Needless to say I wasn't left with much. On my way back from making a donation to Goodwill I stopped by Old Navy to look for a few new pieces. I had no idea what size I was so I started with the 8's. To my delighted satisfaction they were way to big so I went back and got a 6 & a 4 (just in case). First of all let me just say here that I cant even remember a time that I was a 6 and NEVER have I slipped in a size 4. Keep that in mind my friends. So I put on the 6's first and they fit like a glove, even a bit big in the waist. So here come the 4's. The first thing I noticed was, THEY BUTTONED! However a tad to tight but that's ok because I'm still losing and that in it's self makes me feel incredible! It gave me tons of motivation to keep going, not that I was ever thinking of quitting. Sometimes though all of the strict dieting and gym time gets to you and you can easily lose focus. Which brings me to my topic of the day...

Pressing the "Reset" Button


res·o·lu·tion: a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something. 


We are now 3 months into the new year. I going to assume that most of you all set new year's resolutions. I always have and for about 5 years they were pretty much always the same: Lose Weight. Bla! That resolution haunted me for years and years! Until last year when I finally did lose that weight. This year I was able to move on and make "new" New Year's resolutions. Those of you that are following my blog know that my goal this year is to compete in my first NPC Figure competition. Now that we are less than 9 weeks out it is slowing becoming a reality.

So what were your resolutions for this year? Was it to lose those 10 lbs for vacation? or maybe to read more? or to train for running a 5k? or spend more quality time with the kids?

Are you seeing your goals come to life or are you sitting around doing nothing? When you set a goal for yourself you have to have a plan of action and follow through or nothing will happen and once again you'll have the same freakin' goal for next year! How depressing is that? Trust me I know.

I also know we all wish there was a re-set button for life but that just ain't so, however we can take a step back from life so speak and analyze why were not meeting our goals. Follow these simple steps to find out if the goals you set on January 1st are realistic and if you even want to achieve them:

1. Write down the resolution(s) you made for yourself.
2. Ask yourself this question and write down the answer: How bad do I really want to achieve this goal?
3. Why do I want to achieve this goal?
4. What benefits do I think I'll get from achieving this goal?
5. Am I going to do something about it? i.e. stop cheating with food, exercise 3 times a week, run a little further each week, so forth...



If you just decided that you are definitely going to something about it then CONGRATULATIONS! Wait wait I take that back. I'll congratulate you when you achieve that goal. That will be the real celebration. You can "decide" to make positive changes in your life all day long but if you don't follow through with action then what's the point in "deciding" to make a change.....

I'm not going to sugar coat if for you and say "if you just follow all these steps and do what I say then all your dreams will come true." Please know that it's going to take a lot on your part to do the things you want to do. I may have a coach and a husband to push me in the gym but my coach is NOT preparing and eating the food for me. Joshua is NOT lifting the weight for me. I have to do all of that myself and they are there to support me. They also can't babysit me all day so I have to hold myself accountable. All day I fight temptation and make sure to get my butt to the gym in the afternoon for my second bout of cardio. Let me stress again, it's not easy but I know that pain is only temporary. In less than 9 weeks I'll be on stage strutin' my stuff and then indulging in something oh so tasty to eat and drink!!

Each week I want us to set a goal together. Tonight let's push the reset button and start the week fresh. I'll go first. This week I'm going to push myself as hard as I can in ALL of my workouts and on Saturday I'm going to take off the entire day off from the gym. It's been three weeks going 7 days a week and I need a BREAK! Physically and mentally. Now it's your turn. You can make your goal as simple as or as challenging as you want it to be, remember YOU have to do the work not anyone else. Push your button, write down your goal for the week, make a plan of action and execute it!




Here's to finding your NorthStar.....

No comments:

Post a Comment