Monday, May 9, 2011

Motivational Monday & Weekend Recap

I hope that everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day. We spent the weekend with our Mom's in Dalton & Cleveland. We were really happy to see them since we live about 3 1/2 hours away and have been CONSUMED with prepping (19 days out by the way ;-)) We also went to a surprise birthday party for a friend and had a great time and didn't even drink! Although social events just aren't quit the same without a cold one in your hand......
My cute little parents

Friday I had a small melt down over chicken and broccoli but I soon got over it with a few tears and a reminder that were in the final stretch so food at this point is going to be no fun, lol. You would think I would know this by now. 

Saturday however, I had a great workout and then we headed to see the Mom's. The trip down was little frustrating but once we got there all was good. That night we went out to dinner but did very well. While everyone else downed cocktails,  passing bread and appetizers, Joshua & I had unsweet tea, salad and shared a steak & veggies. Although he did get a sweet potato which he was allowed and I did fine while he ate it ;-)  We then went to a late night birthday party for my "uncle" and did well there to but we were so tired and left a little early. 

Sunday we had a great breakfast with Joshua's Mom and Granny. They are such sweeties and we always have such a good time when there around. Joshua's Mom also hooked me up a new and shiny dehydrator! I was super excited about that. This summer I plan on getting a little more "organic" or really just eating and preserving more "natural good for you foods". Ill blog about that another day. 

After we enjoyed the morning and sunshine with the family we headed home and to the grocery store, boooooo.

Normally this is a happy thing but not so much yesterday. We were given strict instructions for our new phase of diets and let me tell ya it's pretty plain and simple:
Egg Whites
Boiled Chicken
Talapia
Broccoli
Asparagus
Green Beans

Yeah I know. 



This morning we worked calf's and ab's AND 90 MINS OF CARDIO! WHAT THE...... I've never done 90 continuous minutes of cardio. It was very hard! Thank goodness I had Joshua right beside me pounding it out to. At one point I thought we both were going to be sick! But low and behold we made it through ;-) See that's the thing about killing it in the gym. Just when you think your going to die or barf up your pre workout drink, keep going! The feeling will go away and if it doesn't and you actually barf, then a job well done because that means your working your butt off!!!! I know that we only have a few more workouts and the days are slowly dwindling down so that means there are no excuses and no make up sessions. Let's git 'er done!!!! 



Here's to finding your NorthStar...... 



1 comment:

  1. Way to make it through the weekend festivities! You look great! Hang in there. I am right there with you and the tears! They just sneak up on you, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete