Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 4 Update

As of today we are 26 days out from our show! And we're feeling skinnier fitter by the minute, lol. This morning I weighed a whole 135 lbs. Geezz.... I probably haven't seen that number on a scale since middle school. My Joshua came in at 185 I do believe. Yesterday our coach was so proud of Joshua (both of us really) and how much his body has changed in the past few weeks. I know I keep harping on this but you just have to see it in person. Craziness... He's in love with the fact that he can manipulate his body with diet and exercise. It's amazing how the right foods can help you attain the physique of your dreams. Eating healthy and clean with an actual effort in the gym = results! Imagine that! I'm sure we didn't just come up with that concept....
A little preview ;-)

As for me I can feel all the muscles in my body when I do the simplest movement. Like for instance just sitting in this lovely orange chair I can feel all the muscles in my back holding me up right. And the fact that there sore from hyper-extensions helps feel that burn to, lol. In the morning when I wake up I'm so hungry I find myself gnawing on my toothbrush.... Sad I know. Then while I'm working out all I can think about is getting through the workout so I can finally eat! Not that it's some amazing breakfast or anything. 4 egg whites with onions and 1 tbsp of salsa, protein shake and 3 fat caps, Yum right? Also while I'm working out I can feel my energy level tanking. Normally I can kill it in spin class but this morning I felt like I was hardly moving but I was poring sweat. Weird. Then when I was lifting weights it felt like the 5lb dumbbells were like 50lbs! I mean I'm pretty strong for a girl but the lack of carbs and calories are definitely getting to me at this point in the prep. However my cardio is still strong and by the time my PM cardio has rolled around Ive had some food and I can push through it without feeling like someone walked in with that sack of rocks I talked about last week. We only have about 2 1/2 more weeks of actual working out hard, then the last week our coach said we wont be doing much of anything but eating. That's when the real fun begins...

Yesterday my hooker shoes arrived that I'll be wearing on stage and let me tell you ya'll better break out your dollar bills YO! These things make me look extremely tall and long which is exactly what I wanted :-) Saturday when I post progress pics Ill be sporting those bad boys. Now all I need is my suit, make up, jewelry and tan, then Ill be good-to-go!

Here's to finding your NorthStar....

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you had better walk in these shoes some before the big day.. They look really tall....but as a shoe person they look great regardless of what you had to pay. They look as they are worth every cent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about the energy level tanking as soon as you start exercising! That is exactly where I am! I go into a workout thinking I feel great and then after the first exercise, I'm toast! hahaha!! We can do it! I feel the same way about breakfast. I can't wait to get my hour of fasted cardio out of the way so I can eat my oatmeal!! It's the little stuff. Hang in there! You are doing awesome. Can't wait to see your progress pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love rockin' a pair of clear 5" heels?!??! ;)

    T.

    ReplyDelete