Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A new obsession....

ob·ses·sion/əbˈseSHən/Noun

1. The state of being obsessed with someone or something.
2. An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.


We all know how "obsessed" I've become about nutrition and the gym (And my oh so amazing Husband, that's a given)... however, I think I may have ANOTHER new obsession. I don't quite want to give it away just yet because I really need to test the waters with this one. I still need to ponder this obsession, work out the kinks so to speak.

Have you ever had an idea pop up in your head that maybe stemmed from something random you were doing and then that idea just stayed in your head for more than a 24 hour period? What do think that means? Does it mean that that particular idea is part of your dare I say "destiny"? I mean isn't that what finding your NorthStar is all about? Finding out who you are meant to be?

I sort of mentioned my new obsession to the Husband this morning and made it clear that it was all his fault I've been thinking about this one thing for a few weeks now.... with me becoming a healthy homemake,r I have all this time to think and try out all my new ideas.... knowing me, that could be dangerous. I mean I've shocked myself that I am actually going through with this competition. It's like when I get something in my head and I've had ample time to really think about it and I've tested it and the idea is working.... I just run with it.

For instance: Example One
(yes here comes a list)

1) When I worked (like went to a paying job everyday) I would obsess about what I would do "if" I didn't have to work all the time.
- Work out all the time
- Eat really healthy
- Plan meals
- Have a really clean house
- Have a decorated house
- Indulge in some kind of hobby
- Read books for pleasure and not torture (college text books being the torture)

You get the idea. Well when we moved to SC Joshua encouraged me to stay home and so I did. In doing that all those ideas I would think about day in and day out, I slowly started doing. I started to feel like me..... I started to figure out who I was and what I wanted out of life. Not what someone was telling me I should want. I still would ask Joshua and my Mom what should I do with myself when the bordem would hit. Both had different answers but it was ultimately my choice.

2) When I started to lose weight and become the much healthier version of myself I knew I needed to push the envelope, hence doing a figure competition and here I am 10 days out from my first show...

See where I'm going with this.....

3) Now my show obsession is coming to end (I am still going to compete, don't worry, but it won't be till next year) and I need something else to sink myself in....


I'm just not one of those people that can sit around and do nothing all the time. I HAVE TO PUT MY THOUGHTS TO ACTIONS! Sorry for yelling but I need to make a point here....

If you want something bad enough and you've given it ample thought then do something about it. Make your idea a reality. That's what I'm doing, and well, it's working for me....

Example Two: 
One of my besties, J Wilder ;-), has to decided to do her first competition as well. She needed a goal to meet her dream bod (she's smoking hot as it is) and yesterday after I'm sure lots of thinking she finally told me her new obsession... You can do Jen. I got your back!



It can work for you to. What's your new obsession?

Here's to finding your NorthStar.....

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to finding out what your new obsession is! Sounds very exciting and just like myself when it comes to something you can obsess about and get excited about!

    ReplyDelete