Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 at a Glance....

Oh Hi there! I have been trying for days now to muster up the energy to get back to blogging. Not that it takes a lot of energy but these day with contest prep in full swing, I'm trying to conserve all the energy I can if you know what I mean. Contest prep is going great by the way. I've managed to lose 8lb in 23 days and I'm very pleased with that. I'm cycling my carbs with 3 low carb days and 1 high carb day and seems to be doing the trick. However by the 3rd low carb day, I really start to feel the effects. When the food cravings start coming on I know it's time to have that extra bowl of oatmeal or red potato, lol.

I will say that this prep has been going much smoother than the last. Even Joshua has mentioned a few times that he's noticed I haven't been struggling yet. YET is the key word here my friends... My food cravings don't bother me nearly as much as last time and I'm sure that with each prep it gets a little more tolerable each time (but never goes away).  I've learned that you MUST busy yourself with something to do when those feelings start coming on because otherwise I obsess with what "could" I eat... Which is nothing if its not on my list. Again though it's not unbearable. Here are a few things that help me pass time till my next feeding.

Tips for Keeping it Together:

1. Drink warm Tea. 
- This always makes me feel better. The warmth of the water soothes my tummy and fills me up for a few. Not to mention tea is always good for you!
2. Chew Gum. 
- That's a given and an old trick. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes no,t but it's always worth a try.
3. Read.
- For Christmas this year Joshua bought me a tablet and I have downloaded a number of books to keep me busy. I also read lots of fitness magazines and blogs to keep me motivated. 
4. Phone a friend!
- When it gets to bad I call Joshua or my Mom and complain. They quickly get my mind right and remind me   that I'm doing great and to stay in control.
5. When NONE of those work phone a Coach and complain! lol 
- This could mean you need diet changes and you losing your sanity is totally justified.

In other new's we had a great New Year's and Christmas with the family. It's always such a busy time for us with traveling back and forth to see family. Very difficult to stay on track, however, a little planning goes a long way!

No alcohol for me on New Year's. Coffee only ;-) to keep me awake!

Happy New Year from The Britton's XOXO
My hubby is a BIG ol' boy right now!!!

Joe and his sweet new Wife!

2012 is already looking great for us and I hope the same for all of my readers. We have a such a busy year ahead of us and I have some great plans for the blog this year. One of my goals for this year was to blog everyday and well... we can see I'm not getting off to a good start lol... Today is progress though!!! 

A Glance of 2012 for The Britton's
*Subject to change at any given moment lol....

May- NPC Jr USA, Charleston, SC
June- Alix (Joshua's nephew) Graduation (very BIG deal for him and us)
July- Masters Nationals, Pittsburgh, PA
August- Excalibur, Charleston, SC (Joshua & I both competing)
October- Big Shott Classic, Charleston, SC (Joshua & I both competing)
November- Vacation to St. Pete, FL for a Family visit.

'Tis the season to travel



Have a fit day!!! Here's to finding your NorthStar....





3 comments:

  1. Happy new year! I missed your blog and ready to get more in 2012....I know it can be tricky. I have been slacking too. but I am so looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany I love reading your post. Such an inspiration> You look good girl, keep it up! Who did your blog? I need a make over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britney, I am your newest fan and have already went shopping for your recipes that you had listed. I can't wait to hit the gym in the A.M. I struggle with my weight and my husband is very fit so it is easy for me to get frustrated but I am excited about finding my North star too. Thanks for he inspiration and congrats on such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete