Saturday, January 7, 2012

Deck of Cards

Some of you all may know that about 2 months ago Joshua and I switched gyms. Our new gym has been so great and we have made many new friends. One friend in particular, I have been working out with on Saturday's.
I remember the first time Robyn invited me to join her on a workout I was very excited! Robyn is in incredible shape. In fact when I first saw her I thought that she might compete however she doesn't. She just likes staying in shape and the workouts that she does affords her to have a body like brick house at the young age of 40 and after 2 kids.... Amazing.....

Our first workout I didn't know what to expect. I went in blind just thinking I would learn some new moves. Instead I got schooled!!!! Robyn is INTENSE... I nearly died during our first full body workout together. But I keep coming back for more.

Here's the workout we did today.


Deck of Cards
Source
You will need a deck of playing cards and a couple of light dumbbells. We used 10lb dumbbells.
(You'll want to warm up on the treadmill or with some stretches before you get started with this workout)
After your warm up, first place the deck of cards face down next to you on the floor or a bench. Then place your dumbbells in front of you and make sure you have plenty of room and water.

Flip over the first card, whatever the card is you will do a certain exercise for whatever number is on the card. Unless you get a face card like a king or queen.
After you finish the exercise flip another card over and do that exercise. DO NOT REST!!! Keep moving. That's the challenge, to do the entire deck of cards without stopping!!

It took us 50 mins and yes I couldn't do it all if you were wondering lol. She did however.....


Ace- 15 dumbbell swing 
King or Queen- 10 burpees 
Hearts- lunge with a bicep curl
Spade- squat with a dumbbell shoulder press
Clubs- single leg deadlift with a row
Diamond- dumbbell pushup with a row
Joker- 50 mountain climbers


After the entire deck was finished so was I. Spent I tell ya. And not to mention a hot sweaty mess!!!
Please feel free to get creative and change any of the exercises. This workout is all about keeping your heartrate up and confusing your muscles. Just try not to confuse yourself lol...
*you can also Google this workout and find lots of ideas for exercises


Good luck and let me know how you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment