Friday, January 13, 2012

Taco Seasoning

Tuesday when my love bug was sick I made him some tacos (& I made them again for him last night but with my seasoning ;-). The smell from the taco seasoning was enough to make your mouth water. I'm a sucker for Mexican food! I mean come on, I could probably write a blog just about Mexican food (Taco Bell to be more specific) and how much I LOVE it. Although I can't even remember the last time I ate at a Taco Bell....

I wanted to make myself some of those yummy tacos but right now that's kinda tricky. I read the ingredients on the back of the taco mix package and barley recognized anything on the list. So I made my own......


Mine is a little bit HOT... and Joshua said it definitely cleared out his sinus.... so if anything it's a healthy alternative to a sinus flush.. ewww I know!


Homemade Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning
3 tbsp paprika
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
*you can add more spices like cumin, minced onion and salt but I just used what I had
Add 2 tbsp to a pound of ground lean turkey or hamburger meat with 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a slight boil and stir. Then simmer for a few mins till it's somewhat thick.

I plan on adding this seasoning to my ground turkey to put it on top of my salads. 

Bon Appetit! & Have a fit day!

1 comment:

  1. OH HELL NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food!!! Come to Tucson & I'll show you real Mexican food ;)

    T.

    ReplyDelete