Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspirations

I want to talk with you all a little bit about inspirations. After our competition last year I had a hard time committing to blogging as much as I had been before. It seemed as though I was loosing my touch and falling back into some old habit's I really didn't want to blog about. My focus was lost because I didnt have anything I was working toward. Yes, I knew I wanted to do another competition but they were a year apart and I had a lot of down time. We had a vacation planned and well I really didn't need to get into shape for it. I dont know, I just lost my blogging desire. So for the new year my plan was to blog everyday or as much as possible. That has to turned out to be harder than I ever anticipated for the fact that I had no clear vision of the direction that I wanted the blog to go in. I mean you guys aren't coming here to read about finding great thrift store finds and that I had talapia and broccoli for dinner last night. BORING.

I started doing my research. I looked to blogs that I follow and asked myself some questions. 

  1. Which blogs do I read on a daily basis and which ones do I just kind of skip over (we all kind of skip over some...)
  2. What makes me want to read their blogs? Whats the draw?
  3. What makes their blogs successful?
  4. Do the blogs help me in my own journey?
  5. Do I want my blog to be just like theirs or a mixture of what they are doing? or something all my own?
As I was doing my research and contemplating all these questions, J over at J's Everyday Fashion wrote a post called 10 New Blogger Mistakes (and how to avoid them). The #3 mistake was doing what everyone else was doing. I don't want my blog to be like everyone else because let's just say that everyone copied each others post and it was same pictures of food, the same format, the same everything. BORING. I love all the blogs I read for the simple fact that they are all different. Everyone "inspires" me in different ways and that's what I want to do. Inspire folks. I feel like last year when I started this blog, that's what my main focus was and somewhere after the competition I lost interest in all that inspires me.  

But don't worry I'm slowing coming back from the darkness and finding the light again.

Here are some of the people and blogs that inspire me and why:

My Husband- He's my #1 fan. Joshua inspires me everyday to be better than I was the day before. Isn't that what marriage is about? Making each other better. He always encourages me to work hard for my goals and do what makes me happy. When I complain that contest prep is hard and I'm tired, he tells me I was made for competing and that I'm doing something that most people wouldn't even try! Yup, he's right. And that's when I get my head out of the clouds and back in the game. Thanks Love Bug ;-) Keep pushing me!

Stacy at KarateNurse- Although I've never met Stacy in person, I read her blog everyday! Everyday I can step inside her world with Justin, Piper and Sara to see what's new. All of her post include pictures of her meals from the day before, good and bad ;-) She also gives a recap of what she did for the day, what's on her to do list for the current day and what new things are going on at her house. I just love it! It makes me feel like I know her. I love her honesty about her food choices and how's she feeling about them (or how they made her feel). She inspires me to blog everyday and stay consistent. Thanks Stacey! 
2011December 032

Tenecia at Boobs, Barbells & Broccoli- This girl cracks me up weekly! She is so funny and her post are anything but boring. Not to mention I've never seen a hotter librarian than this Mammacita! Caliente! Tenecia inspires me to find humor when life tries to bring you down. So keep me laughing T ;-) 

Keelie at REAL FAT- Keelie oozes inspiration. She journals her journey in weightloss everyday. She a wife, mother and real life person who fight's temptation everyday. I love reading her quotes and analogies like this post about making the bed. Right on Keelie! Keep posting your journey and giving me no reason to say I can't today!! 


So those are just a few of my own inspirations. I hope that I can do for you what they do for me everyday. If you have goals for the New Year or just want to find balance in life, keep checking back here, because I can promise you things are about to get a lot more stable, lol. 

Have a fit day!  






4 comments:

  1. AWWW!!!! Thank you!!!! I'm glad that you appreciate my humor!!! I'm so off-the-wall sometimes and not the typical competitor that I worry about turning off people who find my blog! Glad you come back week after week!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried numerous times to blog last prep! This time i am sticking to it!!!! Great post and good luck, we are all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really sweet of you!You are an inspiration also!!! Thanks for the links/tips. I always need to be reminded to just "do my own thing" and not get caught up in what everyone else is doing/thinks. Have a great day, Britney!
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through the same struggle last year too! I'm still not as consistent as I used to be, but again, there's the struggle of "what do my readers really want to read?" There's so much more to my life than fitness, but will my readers stay with me when I talk about family vacations? That's yet to be determined! Keep doing your own thing - I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete