Tuesday, June 7, 2011

49 Weeks and counting....

Every Tuesday I want to update you on how Im coming along with my Jr. USA prep. Now, I know that it is 49 weeks away however I got's lot's to work on! LOL. I need muscle in a big way. Monday officailly kicked off my new diet and training program. Joshua put it all together for me. I get lot's of good carb's that include oatmeal (my fav), sweet potato's (another yum), and the ever so versatile rice cake ;-) Yea, we've grown quite fond of rice cakes. You can pretty much put anything on them and they travel well. Sunday I made these Turkey Pizza Rice Cakes.

On Friday I'll definitely share the recipe with you. Joshua snubbed his nose at them but I liked them A LOT! For all of my other meals I've pretty much been eating lot's of ground turkey with broccoli, egg white omelets, and protein banana shakes. On training days I am loving all the carb's and staying really hungry between all my meals. On cardio days like today, I cut back on the carb's and just let my body do all the work. When it's working I'm HUNGRY that's for sure. Overall though I'm feeling great and still looking good, lol. I did gain about 10 lbs last week post show but a lot of it was water. This morning the scale had gone down two pounds so I was pretty happy about that. I don't know what it is with me and the scale but I get on it everyday no matter what I think it might say and sometimes it can make or break my moods. I'm sure that's not very healthy but I have to know what's going on with weight on a daily basis. I never want to let myself go again or get out of control with eating. Gotta keep it all in check! 

Tonight I'm headed back to the gym for another round of cardio and some ab work. My abs are definitely a weak spot for me so I need to hit them as much as I can so they look a little something like this on contest day:
Lisa Peper - National Bodybuilding Championships - NPC 2009

or so I hope, lol.....

Here's to finding your Northstar...

5 comments:

  1. I am the same way about the scale. I weigh everyday. I can't help it either.

    I think those turkey, rice cake pizzas look yummy. I'm going to have to try those! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Saw your blog from facebook. Really interesting stuff! I am not in that world at all, but have been in the endurance sports world doing Ironmans and such. Actually surprising the things we have in common! I am going to follow your blog and your journey. Nice work on setting big goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually used to weigh every day too...until my nutrition coach practically yelled at me for it (okay, slight exaggeration). However, he did keep reminding me to ONLY weigh the morning of carb load days, usually Sundays, as soon as I wake up. I did curiously get on the scale after a carb load day and it was a shocker, so I've managed to stick to the Sunday mornings from then on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz! Yes I've tried the once a week weigh in as well but keep finding myself out of habit jumping on the scale as soon as I wake up. Hard to break a habit!

    ReplyDelete