Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'll cheers to that!

Coronary Bypass @ The Votex
Joshua gets one every year! I have yet to try it....

I'm feeling a little rusty on my blogging skills today so hopefully I can pull it together and fill you guys in on whats new. In my last post I mentioned that Joshua's birthday was on Saturday. We had originally planned to go to Atlanta with bunch of friends and eat nasty cheeseburgers at the Vortex and then booze it up at our favorite bar Metalsome.. Wellllll none of those things happened lol. Mister Joshua had other things on his mind, like training...


Since we have taken so many months off from drinking and going out, it's been very hard for us to get back into it. Every once in awhile I'll enjoy a glass of wine and Joshua might take of few sips if I make him one to but he never finishes a whole glass. After the first glass the guilt starts to set in that any alcohol really does not coincide with training for my next competition so whats the point in drinking more than a glass? I hate drinking my calories so my days of downing the whole bottle are long gone. So instead of drinking the day and night away we met with Eric Jones for training. 

On Saturday we met with him at his friends gym since we live about hour and half from one another. As soon as we walked in he was talking with two ladies that also compete and he was giving them some advice. Always a Good sign. After he was done giving tips we all went over to another building on site to talk. Eric spent two hours getting to know us, talking about goals for the next year, going over nutrition, and work outs. He was extremely nice and very organized which we loved seeing. He has been competing since 1988 so he made it clear to us that if we want to succeed in the bodybuilding world we truly need to know our bodies and log everything. When it comes to diets, meal and nutrient timing is key. So Joshua and I have been keeping track of how we are feeling during the day and letting Eric know so that if he needs to make any changes to our diets he will know what to change. Let me just tell you all that our new revised diets have more food but we both so hungry before each meal! 

He told us both that we always need to lift heavy and really push ourselves. We both need to put on some muscle and limit fat gain. I've gained 12 lbs since our contest (I did own up to all the bad food I've been eating ;-( ) and I need to keep it to just that because I am going to need to lose those12lbs and then some! He gave us both very good critiques of our physiques and immediately made changes to our workouts to target the areas that we need to focus on. I am hitting shoulders twice a week and Joshua is hitting legs twice a week.

After we all talked for awhile he then worked out with us for another 2 hours. We did a shoulder and trap workout. He wanted to see our form and I guess see how much we know about working out since he won't be seeing us everyday.  Good thing for us he was impressed with both our knowledge and form so we set it up that every two weeks we would all get together and workout. 

Eric is just as busy as we are but he knows how bad both of us want to win and he really believes in us which gives us both tons of confidence! 

After meeting with Eric, Joshua and I headed home to get cleaned up to go to the movies. We were both dying to see Bad Teacher with Cameron Diaz but again we didn't make it to that either! On the way there Joshua spotted a Mustang Car show, he is OBSESSED with Mustangs and can hear one coming a mile away so we pulled in to take a look. It was a small gathering so once we were done we headed to the movies which was packed to the hills! We then said forget it and went straight to our favorite place to relax and celebrate love bug's birthday @ Half Way to Habana
LOL Yes I did have a glass of my favorite drink, Sparkling Moscato, it even had a nutritional label on it! ;-)

So overall my Love Bug had an amazing birthday! And I can't wait to spend many more celebrating with him! I'll Cheers to that! 

Here's to finding your NorthStar....

3 comments:

  1. I loveeeeee wine....Once you give it up sure you dont miss it but I am looking forward to the first glass....but you're right maybe when you change your lifestyle....having a bottle may be difficult!


    Happy Birthday to your Hubby :)

    PS what is a good weight to gain post competition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah, that's a great picture of you two! Sounds like Joshua had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments on the blog! good to know (re weight gain!)

    ReplyDelete