Friday, June 24, 2011

Good Eatin Friday!!!

Today I'm blogging from the road! We are headed to Helen, Ga for the day. Helen is a small German town in the hills of North Ga. We are meeting Joshua's Mom and sweet lil Granny for some lunch and shopping since Joshua's Bday is tomorrow!! Unfortunatly I'm STARVING now lol. That's ok though because we brought some protein, rice cakes, a banana and Joshua made some of his delicious almond butter right before we left. Even though we're headed to German Town I amcraving some Italian food. Sometimes I wish I were Italian. I tell Joshua this all the time, lol. I'm Cajun BTW however I'm sure somewhere in my family line there has to be an Italian. I bet my Aunt Ester would know if there was! Which brings me to my recipe this week. I've had this recipe probably 5 times this week and I'm not tired of it at all!! Turkey Meatball Spaghetti Serves 1 3 oz ground turkey Salt & pepper to taste 1 oz whole grain thin spaghetti noodles 1/4 cup Barilla tomato & basil sauce 1. In a bowl mix together ground turkey and seasoning. 2. Pinch off a small amount of turkey and roll into a ball. Do this to make 5 meatballs. 3. In a sauce pan cook meatballs on medium heat till done. About 10 mins or so. The meatballs should be firm. 4. While the meatballs are cooking bring a small pot of water to a boil and add spaghetti noodles. Cook till tender. 5. Once the meatballs are done and noodles are cooked and water is drained add meatballs to the same pot you cooked noodles in. 6. Add sauce and stir together. 7. Heat on low till sauce is warm. 8. Put your mixture on a plate and add 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese if you wish. This meal is very YUM! Let me know how you like it ;-)

2 comments:

  1. mmmm Turkey Meatball spaghetti! Cannot wait for carbs like this haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Fine Balance... you're just dreaming about carbs lol! (I know it's not funny but I say it with luv lol)

    The recipe sounds delish! I'm going to have to try it for sure. I wish I was Italian too. I do want to learn the language so would that make me one? hehe

    I hope you're having a blast on your trip!

    ReplyDelete