Monday, June 20, 2011

Motivational Monday & Weekend Recap

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great Father's Day. Things were pretty chill and relaxed at our house over the weekend. I made Joshua and Taylor breakfast Sunday morning and then Joshua made this...
What's left of a Coconut Creme Pie... YUM! 
On Friday Joshua had to work a few hours and after he was done we met up with some friends to go over plans for our new business venture!!! Yes, I'm finally breaking the ice, sort of, lol. Through our journey of becoming the fittest versions of ourselves many wonderful things have been happening for us. Joshua and I have had this great idea that we have been sitting on for quite sometime. We had a problem and with a problem there is always a solution. So we mentioned our problem to a few friends. Come to find out that they also had the same issue! So we all brainstormed over wine and cheese this weekend and this week it should all be coming together. There are so many details to workout and I just don't want to give them all away just yet but I promise there will loads of details and pictures coming soon!!

Source
Its been so long that Joshua and I have been able to enjoy a glass of wine with friends that we almost forgot what it felt like to just relax and not count every single calorie. We met our friends at new local wine bar called Viva! il Vino. It's a wonderful little wine bar on the corner of a small and quite street downtown. Joshua and I shared a bottle of clean white wine that I forgot the name of LOL but I'm sure well be back soon and Ill be sure to write it down and get pictures. I'm so terrible about remembering to take pictures. I always remember as soon as I get home.

We also had dinner at Summa Joe's. It was so delicious as well. I had the meatball sub which came with a very yummy house salad. Joshua had one of their famous pizza's and he raved all night long about how great it was. We will definitely be visiting this local eatery again as well. 

I bet you all are thinking I cant believe you ate a meatball sub and Joshua had pizza! But friends don't fret because we ate really clean all day long. I really didn't even think about what I was eating to much. Normally I obsess over the menu and all the things that I cant have. It's quite frustrating let me tell you. However, Friday night I had so much on my mind with our new business that conversation really kept me occupied and not food. With my wine I did have a few pieces of bread and some of the appetizers that the wine bar offers for free but I didn't over indulge. At dinner I cut my sub up into three pieces and didn't finish the last piece or all of my salad. I also drank water with my dinner and not alcohol. The next day I was pleased that I allowed myself to have whatever I craved off the menu but I didn't eat every single bite of food and didn't obsess over every little calorie. 

Something that I am learning post contest is that it's all about balance. I eat very good and clean 97% of the time and occasionally indulge in a sweet treat or meatball sub, lol. So those of you that are going through your first contest prep right now and are worried about post contest weight gain, don't worry. You are building the skills necessary right now to be able to enjoy food on a healthy and mindful level. I still keep myself in check because I know that I have big goals ahead of me and I want to build on the foundation that I have built instead of going backwards by gaining tons of weight. 

Every Monday I am able to stay motivated by reading all of the wonderful post that all of my new fitness friends leave on Facebook. This morning Joshua and I watched a video of a 57 year old man that competed June 11th this year and won overall and best posing. He was so happy that he won that it made me start tearing up. As a competitor we all work so hard for the bodies that we have that we just cant wreck them on the weekends. There is no off season for us. So those of you need a little kick in butt (I need it sometimes to!) to get back on your diet after the weekend watch this video. It reminds you what all the hard work is for and  makes you want to try your best all the time! 


2 comments:

  1. Definitely motivated me to get back to it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Thank you for the great motivation on a Monday which we all need and quieting my mind. I have been worrying about post competition and I know that if I am 97% clean eating i will be ok too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete