Monday, June 6, 2011

Motivational Monday

What's Next For Brit Brit

I hope you all are having a productive and most importantly a hap hap happy Monday ;-) I know I am, lol. This morning started off great. I woke up at 4am, like Im supposed to but never do, lol. Mister Joshua didn't even have to push me out of bed or tell me 7 times "Baby! It's time to get ready." I just got up, made my pre-workout meal, dressed, helped him out with getting ready and then we were at the gym by 5:20am and pushing heavy weight. Man, does it feel good to get back to the gym and on our routine. I feel so good. I'm sure all the carbs and bad food I had last week aided this glorious mood I'm in. Last week I just took it easy breezy and ate some foods that I wanted, had dessert everyday, and worked out a few times. Nothing crazy (except Memorial Day when we went to do cardio at 5 am, that was maybe a little crazy).  However, yesterday I was ready to have my last dessert for the week, get back to my clean foods and start my new plan.

What is this new plan you might be asking? I have made a HUGE decision. Well actually 3 HUGE decisions but I'll slowly introduce them to you as they develop. The first decision I'll share with you all is my next competition that I plan on entering. I have given this thought many hours of consideration over the past week. That's part of the reason I took it so easy last week. I knew I was about to get into something that would require heavy, detailed planning, focus, motivation and more effort than I ever put into my first prep. Drum roll please............... I am going to do:


2011 Figure Overall Winner Jr. USA Championship
Guys and Gals, this is BIG. I mean the best women come here to compete for their Pro cards. I placed 5th in my class at my 1st show which qualified me to enter this show. Please dont think that I think I'm ready for this level of competing. I know just because I qualified doesn't mean that I have to enter it, but I want to. No, I'm not physically ready to compete with that caliber of women. I have so much to work on to even be competitive with these women, however, I feel like I earned a chance to go and if I don't utilize this opportunity then it was wasted. I never want to waste any chances I'm given in this industry. I am not looking for top 5 or even top 10, I just want the experience. I want to see what it's like to be on a National Level stage. That's why I am taking the next 50 weeks to prepare. I've talked to Joshua at length about this and he is all about me doing it. I've also talked to my trainer Matt Helton and he's ready to put me through the paces. I made him well aware of the fact that I knew what I was going up against and I knew what it was going to take to get there but most important, I will do the WORK! 

My goals for this show are as follows:
Build more lean muscle in my upper body and mid-section 
Refine my middle back, quads and glutes
And really perfect my stage presence (including my suit, hair and makeup)

How am I going to do this? 
Lifting heavy weights, keeping a clean diet all year, having support and knowledge from my husband and trainer, and PUSHING MYSELF!!! 

Even if I come in dead last it won't be because I didn't try like hell! Competing at the Jr. USA show will also help me with my following show at the Excalibur in August 2012 also in Charleston, SC. Joshua and I will doing that one together. I'm really looking forward to competing with him again! It truly makes the whole experience that much better. 

So that's the plan for our next competitions. We both have so much work ahead of us but when you want something bad enough you will do whatever it takes to get to that next level. How do you know where your going in life if you don't know where you've been? Take those chances and risk friends. It's ok to be scared of the unknown, however it's not ok to have regret. If I didn't do this show I would regret it and that's just NOT OK with me. 

What kind of risk are you all taking? or have ever wanted to take? It's never to late to start now! 

Here's to finding your NorthStar......

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS AN AMAZING GOAL! I am totally rooting for you and I cant wait for you to post amazing recipes and let us go through this journey with you. Im looking forward to the next 50 weeks and training along side with you because I hope to do many more competitions after this one I am doing.

    Im 40 days away. And though in a great mood this Monday, I am Scared Sh**less that I am not ready! That my body wont be ready in 40 days :( am I freaking out! I feel my body isnt as defined as I want it to be and I know I should not compare myself to other women but its hard not to!

    How did you feel 40 days out? I am going to see if I can find something about that on your blog…xoxo

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! The 50 week countdown has begun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you! It sounds like you've really thought this through and are taking a smart approach. You've got plenty of time to reach your goals before the show. Can't wait to follow your progess! :)

    ReplyDelete