Thursday, June 30, 2011

Keep It In the ZONE

This morning I didn't make it to spin class. I needed a little break from all the running around I've been doing (but today is shaping up just as busy), so today I decided to stay home and do a workout here. Although for the past three hours all I've been doing is catching up on blog reading & emails, texting back and forth with Joshua about our new business and trying to avoid a bag of Russell Stover French Mint chocolates....
STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!!


Yes they are sugar free but still it's not on the plan, so I'm really trying to call on the "will power" God's and tell those chocolates to talk to the hand! 

I've also been trying to get in the ZONE when it comes to my training for Jr USA's. Yesterday I looked at countless pictures of all the women that competed in this year’s show. My gosh they look amazing. I have a long road ahead of me but I'm ready for the challenge! I've been comparing all of the looks of the women and I've come to the conclusion that I can't really compare my own look to them or say "I want to look like her" because I’ll never look exactly like any one of those women. When you compare each competitor side by side everyone looks different. Everyone has their own style and body shape. Yes we all know what the overall look should be but when you really get down to the nuts and bolts of it, they all look individual. I guess the main goal is to look the best YOU can. To the train the hardest YOU can. To follow YOUR diet so that YOU ensure your conditioning is the best it can be. Accountability is the name of the game. And Russell Stover isn’t my sponsor……

My plan is still the same. 

I plan on KILLING IT at my next show. 

Here's to finding your NorthStar....

2 comments:

  1. heart....be strong! :)

    I cannto have anything like this in my house right now....16days away and I COULD cave if i am being stared with it int he face.

    I took up spin for my cardio circuits and can I say how much I love them? and hate them (honestly would never have gone if you didnt mention it a few weeks back)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chocolate mints look great! Can't wait to have stuff like that here and there. I may have to look for those and give them a try!

    You're so right about not comparing yourself to other competitors. There is nothing you can do about your body structure other than making what you have the best it can be right? You'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete