Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday Things

Hi Gang! Happy First Day of Summer! Finally.... Although Mr. Britton and I haven't really spent much time outside this summer. Here in South Carolina it's been extremely hott. Like so hot you can hardly breath. At 5am when we are headed to the gym you could cut the humidity with a freshly sharpened knife!
Thing One
This morning, as some of  you on Facebook know, I made it through another day of spin class! GO me. It was so hard today. Hills! And lots of them. If you've never taken a spin class... Do it ASAP. I love it! Before we even started class I already had it in my mind that I was going to push myself really hard and I did. When Kelly would say "add on" I would crank it up. I guess I was pushing myself a little to hard at times or just making a terrible OMG! face because several times when I thought I was going to die, Kelly would be like "You ok Britney?" "Oh yea I'm fine!" (as I gasp for air). But what's funny is, I love it. I'm just not as conditioned as the rest of regulars are. Give me a few more weeks and Ill be good to go!
Thing Two
Today at 4pm we have a meeting with an attorney to go over plans for our new business. Very exciting! Im super nervous though because I really don't know what to expect. What kind of questions will he ask? Will this meeting determine weather or not we move forward? OH! So much to ponder. However lots to look forward to ;-)
Thing Three

Training
Training has been going well. I can really see my arms starting to develop and my weight is staying the same which is good for me right now. I only gained 10 pounds post contest so I am pleased with that. Joshua was right on with our diets and training program however we are both getting a little restless. The coach we used to get us in shape for the Palmetto Cup really gave us some great tools to help us maintain but we are ready to start growing. We really need to utilize the next 10 months as much as we can and with Jr. USA's in May I really need to step it up (because those girls are already ahead of me. YIKES). So we have enlisted the help of Eric Jones. He was Mr. South Carolina in 2008 and has been competing since 1988! Amazing. I can only hope that my contest career is that long. 

The video I posted yesterday of the 57 year old man who has been competing for 4 years, never really had abs before and finally won a show, yea Eric helped him get there....So as you can see he's pretty much got what it takes to make someone a winner.

Here is a picture of his State ring. WOWZA! I want one to! 
Joshua and I are so excited to work with him. We have a workout/meeting set up with him on Saturday. He is basically going to go through a workout with us, go over our nutrition, look at our workout logs, asses our photos from the contest and go over a lot of details! He is so well prepared and asked us to bring what I thought were great items he would need to put together the best training program for each of us. Next Tuesday I'll be sure to update you guys on how the meeting went. I know it will be great! 




So that's a few Tuesday things. I hope you all are having a great day. I'm off to get ready for our meeting with the attorney. Wish us luck ;-)

Here's to finding your NorthStar....

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck at your meeting! Can't wait for you to spill the beans and give us all the details! I know it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete