Thursday, July 7, 2011

8 Weeks....

GOOD NEWS! I lost a pound and I feel so much better.... LOL even better news, We have 8 more weeks until our Caribbean cruise. I am totally looking forward to it. I need it. Joshua needs it. We both need it more than ever....
Source

You all know I've been slacking a little here and there (but yesterday I had a break through and cleaned it up!). I tried doing a 30 day yoga challenge but we see where that got me, lol. However I'm not going to give up. I'm setting a goal. For the next 8 weeks it's "operation cruise body"! I want to look smoking hot for this trip. I really liked how I looked Mothers day weekend. I felt good then to. I felt strong, lean, and pretty ;-) I'm not really sure what my weight was during that time. I'm thinking maybe 135 or so but really I'm not concerned with the weight so much. I'm going for the "lean, strong look" again. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking great right now but I could always look and feel better ;-) To many treats has put some fat in places that I didn't want fat....

I'm going to start hitting spin class a little harder each week, continuing to lift as heavy as I can and monitor all my food intake to a "T". I've already started logging all my food in a notebook (Eric, my trainer, suggested I really start doing this and stick to it.). Writing down what I eat, whether it's the same thing all the time or not, really holds me accountable. If you've never done it before try it for a week. Even when you think you eat healthy you'll surely notice some things that could change. It also tells you so much about your own body and how certain foods affect you. For instance Kari over at Figure Girl World is getting ready to compete at Team Universe on  July 8th (GOOD LUCK KARI!), since she is going through prep right now for the biggest show she has ever done any little thing can alter her body. Well, in this post she talks about how she was experiencing some stomach issues, so she thought about everything that she was eating and drinking. Low and behold she found out what it was! Now if she was just eating and drinking anything she wanted at any given point how hard do you think it would be to pin point the very thing that was making her feel sick? VERY HARD! Or how about when you hear someone say "Last night we went out to eat at ____ and now I think I have food poisoning!" Well... I bet in some of those instances if they had written down everything they ate that day it might have been whatever the restaurant made or it might have been some other junk they ate. You just never know IF you don't know what you eat......

So what do ya think ya'll? Want to start journaling your food intake with me? I double dog dare you!

Here's to finding your NorthStar....

4 comments:

  1. I will do it with you! I am so awful about what I eat. even now...I just eat what nutrition guy tells me but I would love to break it down so I know my macros!

    I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you're going to the Caribbean!! What I wouldn't give to just relax on an island somewhere. Instead...a few more weeks til show time for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have kept a journal of every single thing I have eaten for the past two years. It is SOOOO helpful. Good Luck and have fun with your journals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I am also 8 weeks out from our trip to Puerto Rico! Operation beach body, here I go! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete