Saturday, July 2, 2011

Welcome to the family!

I would like to introduce you all to the newest member of The Britton Household. Please meet Mister AJ....

AJ came to live with us on Friday. His Mom and Dad are going through a separation right now and needed a new home. Joshua and I have been toying with the idea of getting a dog, but with our busy schedules and trying to start a new business we just didn't know if we would have time for a dog. However AJ has been the perfect fit for us! (so far LOL) 
On Thurday night we found out that he needed a home. When I found out what kind of dog he was I was instantly interested. When Joshua and I lived in Atlanta we adopted a Shih Tzu that my Aunt had but didnt want anymore. We fell in love with her needless to say, but sadly six months after we had her she became very ill and passed away. We origanlly thought that she was about 7-8 years old but when she got sick we took her to the vet in Atl, they informed us that she was actually 15 years old! WHOA! Big surprise to say the least. Over those 6 months she brought our family lots of joy and we hope that we brought some to her in her final days. 
Our sweet little Maggie!
So as soon as I saw a picture of AJ, Joshua saw the look on my face and said let's pick him up.... When we got him home he seemed to just fit right in. Although the first night in his crate here was a little shaky lol. He barked for about 2 hours before I guess he just gave up. But his previous owners said that he would do that because he was in a new surrounding. All day today he's done nothing but love on us, sleep, and eat. 
I like watching my new Papi cook yummy food! 
So expect to see lots of pictures of Mr. AJ and tales of all his new adventures with us!

Here's to finding your NorthStar.....




4 comments:

  1. Mr. AJ is adorable! What a great addition to your family :)
    oh, & I love the fish hanging on the wall in the background...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so adorable!! That's great that you chose adoption vs getting a new puppy. There are so many pets looking for forever homes. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! the new edition to the family is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete