Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Part 2 of Let's Catch Up

So now that you all know we had a low key, relaxing 4th, I guess it's time for some doom and gloom.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty crabby and stressed out! Probably definitely because of my diet and the fact that I let myself get a little out of control with dirty food from about Wednesday evening to Monday evening. I don't know what my deal was. Since meeting with our trainer he told us that once a week we were allowed a "cheat day". Well after many discussions between Joshua and I we decided that we would do a "cheat meal" because we have learned post contest that an entire day of eating whatever we feel like (within reason) makes us feel like crap-o-la the next day. It's like a junk food hangover. Miserable I tell ya. So Wednesday night we decided that we couldn't hold out till Saturday for the cheat meal and went to get pizza. We both had been craving it for a few days. It was totally yum and satisfied my craving( for the time being). I didn't go hog wild on it either. I ate all I wanted and when I felt full I stopped. I also made sure to drink lots of water while eating. Which more than likely helped fill me up. Go me right? Well then Thursday rolls around and what do I tell Joshua as soon he walked in from work... Pizza and ice cream Love? And he agreed... DAMN! 


This time we went to the grocery store and bought a 4 meat DiGiorno along with a buy-one-get-one box of Klondike bars. We got the Cookies and Cream & Mint Chocolate Chip. I'm not gonna lie, the Mint Chocolate Chip are the bomb diggity HOWEVER they are bad bad bad bad for you.... 240 Calories, 14 grams of FAT that went straight to my a$$, 28 grams of carbs that are being stored in what used to be my flat stomach, and 3 grams of pitiful protein. I'm not even going to confess how many of these we have eaten over the course of 5 days. Let's just say the last one was eaten yesterday.. I was glad to see them go!

I don't remember how Friday and Saturday went food wise. I think I ate like I was supposed.... OH yea, I talked Joshua into making homemade cornbread. GEZZ..

Sunday and Monday we had some bbq food.

Nuff said on all that hoop-la....

So as you can see I just lost my mind momentarily for a few days. Tuesday we had our weigh in with our Trainer and man was I sweating it. I waited till about 3pm to email him and confess my sins (and my 5lb weight gain). He was really great about it though and told me to get back on my diet asap, drop some carbs, get some cardio in and STAY ON TRACK. He also made sure to tell me that this slip up was ok but when it comes time to diet down for my show we cant have any of these "slip ups". To be honest I really don't want to have anymore of these at all! What get's me so mad at myself is that I know what that food does to you and I know better than to go to many days eating like that. One meal a week, fine, but consecutive days? Really? It made me feel like maybe I don't have the skills I thought I had acquired to stay away from junk like that... 

I worked so hard for a year to lose 60lbs, compete in a very competitive figure competition and now that I have the body I want I'm kind of sabotaging it. I know it was only a few days and it wasn't like I binged for weeks or something but still I KNOW BETTER... it's not easy to maintain this body and keep my head straight all the time. Even I'm struggling from time to time.

Yesterday started off terrible and didn't get any better throughout the day.... I mean when it rains it pours....


Woke up late
missed the gym at 5am
5lb weight gain
tried to do a cardio circuit at the gym but it didn't go as planned
got bad news about the building we wanted for our new business
Casey Anthony got away with murder
missed my pm shoulder workout
that's not all the bad things that happened but you get the gist......

quotes about the past and moving forward. quotes about moving on from the past. quotes about the past and
So this morning when I woke up I was DETERMINED to have a great day. And so far it has been with the exception of a flat tire. But thank goodness Joshua was with me and he got it all taken care of... He truly keeps me going when I'm ready to blow my lid. He's My Rock! and I'm so thankful for him everyday....

Well that's whats been going on with me. Bored? I hope not, lol. I try to always write about the happy things going on in my life, except when it's contest prep and I'm completely drained of all things happy, but I just want those of you who fall of the ban wagon from time to time to know that it happens to all of us. Even those of us who KNOW BETTER... It's how you pick up the pieces and move on that matter most. 

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."  ~Cherokee Indian Proverb

So here's to finding your NorthStar...



  


   

2 comments:

  1. Sometime I feel like your speaking directly to me! Or more of less my inner thoughts and the constant battle I have with myself.
    Example: I had a pack of gum. And I told myself to limit my gum chewing wean myself off….but I can't I never have been someone who can have just one. So I have to quit cold turkey.

    Its with the things that I am ALLOWED that I OD! Whereas things like the bottles of wine, in my pantry are just collecting dust. I so worry about coming off comp diet and being ALLOWED to eat everything. I feel I will be going into an ice cream coma for weeks…I want to compete again as well so eating as clean as possible is definitely important but with only me in the house now, I'll have to buy single servings to stay on track. Have no doubt that Klondike bars and pizza could be gobbled up by me in an instant!

    Sorry I think this turned out to be more about me than YOU! but you've realised the error of your ways and are going to make it through i KNOW it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with ya, Sista! I was in a TOTAL funk this morning when I woke up! The day has gotten better, but my food choices have NOT! Fail.

    I am optimistic about the rest of the day and certainly about tomorrow. I am ready to buckle down and get back to contest weight (pre-dehydration)!

    ReplyDelete