Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How do you like your steak Ma'am?

I used to like it well done.. I didn't want to see a hint of pink! and if I did back to the kitchen it went....

Joshua however, would eat it raw if he knew he could get away with it.... I usually having something to say when I see the blood ooozing out of his slightly seared rib eye... Come to think of it, I usually have lots to say about some of the things he orders or won't let me order ;-(.. Don't I honey? lol

But over the past few months, since I want to be a bodybuilder, I have grown quite fond of a medium well steak...

Some juicyiness is required ya know.....

One afternoon when Joshua and I were watching  America's Test Kitchen, they were cooking a turkey, and said that once the turkey has reached the desired temp to take it out of the oven, place it on a cutting board and let it rest for at least 10 mins...

Why? you might ask... So that all the juices can be absorbed by the meat and retain as much protein as possible because once you cut it and all the juices run out you lose much of the valuable protein!

I don't know about you guys but I need all the protein I can get.... I'm a growing girl for Heavens sake ;-)

How you guys like your steak? Here's to finding your NorthStar.....

2 comments:

  1. That's exactly how I like them Mrs Britton :-) Medium well... but when I go out to a steak restaurant I have to ask for medium since they tend to overcook them otherwise. When I cook mine I always let it rest about 5 minutes for the same reason. Your dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree dinner looks fabulous! cant wait to have some meat back in my diet!

    ReplyDelete