Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Date Night

We had a date night last Saturday. Since I've been so busy being lazy I just haven't gotten around to telling you all about it. 
We made something so delicious!!! It was a "cheat meal" day so of course we had to go with probably the most caloric, fattiest, high carb meal we could think of.... Shrimp and Grits! with garlic cheese biscuits! OH HEAVENS YES IT WAS GOOD!!!!!!
We didn't make these from scratch, don't judge lol...


Of course I'm not the best cook, I usually leave that to Joshua, but I can bake pretty good ;-) However, don't let me fool you, I've messed up boxed brownies before. Joshua said it was a sign that I shouldn't be eating them to begin with, lol. I have to agree with him on  that one. 

yum o.... So creamy and spicy!!!! Just the way we Cajuns like it..

MMMM....

And we washed it down with this goodness... Joshua doesn't like wine like I do, but he loved this. We highly recommend it even though it's dirt cheap, lol. 


Do you think I went back for seconds? YOU KNOW I DID!!

Then I had to make these amazing cookies from How Sweet It Is. I stare at her blog pictures for hours while drooling and telling myself "you can look but don't bake".. Well I finally baked and it was glorious... 

I highly recommend these to of course. When it comes to "treat meals" just keep in mind, "You can have it your way, but don't get crazy".... These meals need to be earned and not taken for granted. That way when you do have your favorite "treat meals" you won't feel as guilty in the morning. 

Happy Tuesday Peep's. Here's to finding your NorthStar....

3 comments:

  1. Your food looks delicious! Good to see you enjoy your cheat days lol! And that cookie? OMG! I got to make it!

    Have a great Tuesday too Mrs. Britton ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at that has put me in a food coma! I love to bake too--especially anything with peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you didn't just quote Bonquiqui!!!! LOL!!! Love it!!!

    I love shrimp grits...hell...I just love grits :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete