Thursday, July 28, 2011

OMG! I slept in till almost 10am today! I never do that anymore. Honestly I cant remember the last time I did.... On the weekends sometimes we will lay around  most of the day and take little cat naps but Joshua always wakes up by 5am to eat and an hour or so later I'm right behind him. This morning Joshua got up at his normal time of 4am but a few mins later I remember him saying, "Love, can we please just take this morning off? I am just so tired". So we did! Then at 7am he was off to work and I was still sleeping! I guess I wore myself out yesterday with our new Arnold workout. Joshua has been texting all morning about how sore his biceps are. Mine are tender but not to bad.

So today since we skipped the gym this morning, I'm going to go on a little jog around the neighborhood. I haven't done this since about 4 weeks before my contest and it really helped me tighten things up for my show. Since our cruise is just around the corner I need to get busy tightening this tummy up. My inspiration today for getting my cardio in..... My friend Stacy from www.KarateNurse.com 

Today on Facebook she had a post on her page that her trainer at Hitch Fit posted about her transformation. Stacy lost 65lbs and competed a week before me this past May. It was her first show as well and she looked amazing!!! Here is a video about her journey to the stage! 

Stacy and I have became great friends through blogging and Facebook! She is so supportive and positive in my weak moments and between Joshua and Stacy I somehow managed to keep my sanity through contest prep ;-) They were both going through the same Hi's and Low's as I was so they knew my pain, lol. 

If your reading my blog and your going through your first contest prep, I would highly recommend finding others going through the same thing you are. Having support though such an emotional journey is so important. You need people to bring you up when your down and keep you motivated everyday! because everyday you will have different emotions running though you. Luckily for me my Husband competed with me so everyday he got an ear full of what I was feeling for the day! 

Another great resource that I came across today on Facebook via Stacy, was a group that you can join and talk, get advice and see what others are saying about competing in bikini, figure and fitness for women. Love this group! It's headed up by WBFF Pro Sharon Polsky and from what I can tell by her group she is also very supportive! So if you are competing or are already involved in competing please join her group. Here is the link Resources for Fitness Competitors

Well I'm off to get my daily "to do's" done. I hope you all have very productive day. I'm getting a late start but I'll make it count! Here's to finding your NorthStar.....

2 comments:

  1. I wish I knew someone competeing right now, but i love looking back on your older posts, Stacy's transformation pictures, and a few other bloggers who have already competed for motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Britney! You are such a kind and beautiful person. I feel so lucky to have your support and to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete