Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Let's Catch Up

I really need to get into the habit of blogging everyday like my girl Stacy over at KarateNurse.com. I get so behind on all the things that I want to tell you guys and now I'm soooo far behind it's like where do I start? So today I'll just catch you guys up on everything I can think of. Feel free to read a little at time, watch a little TV, come back, read a little more, get a ice cold drink, read a little more, so forth.... Let's catch up with 4th of July first.

We had a great 4th. First of all our neighborhood is so fun! Last year for 4th of July we had a BIG bbq at our house and invited the whole neighborhood. We had a great turn out. So this year we had the intention of doing the same thing but with everything we have going on right now we decided to just keep it low key. Getting all the BBQ smoked, baked and all the sides ready is a labor of love. On Sunday our neighbor Joe decided to organize a neighborhood golf cart parade. It was AWESOME! We all told him that we have to do that every year as a tradition now.


WOWZA! Uncle Sam is looking HOTT! 




All the kids were dying to get going! 

The organizers.

"Don't drink and drive you might hit a bump and spill your drink"

The 4th of July Queen













Matching Shoes

Best Friends!


Miss Sadie made sure to get lots of lovin from everyone.


Miss Pat and her redneck wine glass
 After the Golf Cart parade a few of us hit the lake to cool off. 

 We brought mister AJ with us because his previous owners said he loved water but he wouldn't leave Joshua's side and I really didn't feel comfortable putting him in the lake just yet. Maybe next time when we park on a beach ;-)

 I didn't jump in either but I did drop my toes in the cool water..... Ignore the chipped paint job, lol.
 Such a peaceful and relaxing time......

On Monday Joshua and I did have a few friends over for burgers and a game of corn hole. Which myself and my 9 year old partner Amelia dominated but I failed to take any pictures! I told you guys Im terrible at remembering to take photos! I'm working on it though.

I also ate some bad food which caused me to gain 5lbs and put in me in a funky mood all day yesterday.... Hey, it was a holiday ;-) I confessed my sins to our trainer yesterday and I'm back on my diet so all is good.

I hope you all had a great 4th as well! Did anyone over indulge like us? Have you gotten back on the ban wagon or are you still nibbling on the leftovers?

Part 2 come.......

1 comment: